Friday, July 15, 2005

No Politics Here, But...

I saw a preview for a new show on ABC about a female being thrust into the role of President. Doesn't this just about reek of perfect timing? I think it's almost a guarantee Mrs. Clinton has a shot to win, especially if the show finds a male audience. I'm not necessarily against the idea of a sort of cross promotion of television and politics, and I really have no hatred for Clinton. I'm kind of 'meh' when it comes to her, as I am with most politicians. But it seems to me this is akin to releasing a show last year about a democratic nominee from the Northeast trying to fight for the presidency against the red state incumbent. I mean, maybe there should have been a show, what do I know. But when I first viewed the preview, all I thought was "Well that was subtle".

This is not a bash of either party.(I do that in private forums mostly:)) I just wanted to hear if anyone else felt the same way?

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Geena Davis...I thought it was going to be a comedy but it's a drama

JD said...

I wish it were a comedy.