Friday, September 30, 2005

Been Busy....Thinking Why I'm Not Busy


Here's a partial update:

I find that if I'm left to my own devices, and don't have someone else in the house, I become an even bigger recluse than I normally am...plus I procrastinate more now than ever. I guess I used writing to escape criticism from Katie for 'doing nothing', so I would take out my anger in a more constructive manner, by writing. Now that I don't have that, I am languishing behind my preferred pace. In a month, I wrote 3 screenplays. Since then, none.

So it comes down to this: I need someone pushing me, questioning me, and making me mad, or I am just another dumb white man. I have a weird kind of muse thing going, apparently. I need supervision. If I don't have it, my mind suffers long lapses of nothingness.

On the docket:

Join me next time as I make a huge confession-I don't know how to do a rewrite.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize. A couple years ago I resigned myself to the fact that I'm just lazy. I'm trying this new weekly calendar thing to keep me plugging away. Worked great the first week but if history is any indication I'll think it's stupid and stop doing it next week. Oh well.