Monday, December 12, 2005

Hiatus

As you may have noticed, my updating has been quite lacking recently. So I'll fill you in on a few things before I depart for the next 2 weeks or so. I have made great progress with my story boards for Generator. I'm about 55% finished. I also have many new ideas for the movie which I'm excited about. Since I have a background in construction, I figured I should use what I know to my advantage. My old boss, who is married to my mother, has a huge work shop (which I'm shooting Generator in) He has lifts and cranes, bobcats and scaffolding. I have many camera angles in my head that can be acheived because of these 'weapons' and I plan on exhausting everything that resides at the warehouse. I want the camera to be on the move in almost every shot. Not MTV style, quick cutting garbage, but slow steady tracking shots and other moves like in The Shining and Halloween. So that's what's going on with Generator.

I cancelled my cable modem, and my internet 2 weeks ago, because I wasn't getting enough work done, hence my lack of updating. But in the last two weeks, I have several script ideas, watched and broke down my top 10 horror films(The Shining, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, April Fool's Day, Suspiria, The Thing, Black Christmas, The Wicker Man and...?) and tried to figure out why they work so well, and almost uniformly, they had three things in common-music, cinematography and a tense atmosphere. I of course found other similarities, but these three are my man concern. Blah blah blah.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, and writing the next big independent hit. I'll see you soon.

2 Comments:

Grubber said...

Glad you're getting work done. Enjoy your break.
cheers
Dave.

Patrick J. Rodio said...

Keep us posted on your stuff, sounds really cool.