Thursday, October 27, 2005

All Cats Are Grey

I am at a standstill with what to pursue next. I have a few ideas, but none spark my interest so far. I'm in that grey area where I am anticipating actually shooting my first feature in the coming months(and documenting it day to day here), but I also know I have to do something more active, rather than just wait for that shooting date to come. I wish I could just sleep until about February, then wake up with my Panasonic and start shooting. I am so pumped up to get that movie going...it's hard to concentrate on anything else.

I am also scouting for locations for another horror idea I have. The problem is, I need to know about availability of these two places I want to shoot at. I want to write my script specifically for either place. So it's imperative I actually find out the cost(for Byberry mental hospital in Philly, which has been closed for 15 years), or what permits will be needed(for filming in the Pine Barrens in South Jersey), if any, to begin. If I do get any word on either place, I will write a second feature to shoot immediately after Generator. Maybe even make it a trilogy of films, who knows?

Too ambitious? There's no such thing in my mind.

1 Comment:

Grubber said...

JD,

You like horror. Here is a story that you might enjoy.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17085799-2,00.html

Enjoy ;-)
cheers
Dave.