Wednesday, March 22, 2006

An Update

I've been very busy, and will continue to be, but I'm trying to add an update and visit each blog I link to, at least once a week.





I finally took the absinthe plunge with the strongest recipe , and most authentic to the 19th century, King Of Spirits Gold. My buddy and I polished off about 1/2 a bottle and the buzz was definitely ...different. I had a warm, kind of floaty buzz, and a 1000 tooth smile. We were watching VH1 Classic when David Bowie, Space Oddity came on. That was the height of the 'high', and it lasted for about 20 minutes. We also watched some HD programming on Discovery about Spain, or something...looked real real nice with absinthe in the system. Sadly, we didn't keep it going for longer than those twenty minutes, and the high disappeared and we ended up slightly buzzed for the remainder of the night. I'll take pictures or video of us preparing it next time. Right now, I have to recommend it because of the potential-if I could feel the way I did for those 20 minutes for an entire night, wow...I may have a real problem not drinking it!

On another front, all is quiet on the Generator front for now. I have a meeting set up with the owner of my main location. I expect an extortion attempt, honestly. Sure, he's married to my Mother, but I know what drives him. Thankfully, I am quite the charmer in person. Once I get him immersed in the proposed story, and what I plan on using to accent the movie, I think he'll jump on board. And invest too.

I'm thinking about holding off on shooting until Fall. My sister is due in August, and I really like her as the leading girl. It's basically a perfect match, and I still haven't found anyone who wants to seize the opportunity yet. It would also give me more time to raise funds, do some sneaky ass promos on the internet, and leak some publicity to certain sites with photos and short trailers. We'll see how it goes. I'll have my business name registered shortly as a sole proprietor business. I have major ideas for moving my new toys to an office space that may or may not be available to me....lots of updates upcoming about everything I only hint at right now.